The quality of the novel, now that's a different matter!
- still rewriting Managed to read it through a few times and figure out some problems. This version is pretty tight up until around the first visit to seattle, when she meets Marcella, then it gets a little confusing. the original "meeting" was WAY unrealistic. Also the date rape stuff had to be redone. Introduced too many random characters. This is definitely getting better - and ditched the initial train scene with Jack and made it her at her parents instead. more of the brother, who is a fun character.
- finished!!!! 8 words over. put in some scenes at my favorite porltand locales: rimsky korsakov & thrift stor ehsopping :)
- finished, but not finished 43K words, but needs to be filled out in bits in the middle. Shy 6 something words! but close.
- all together, up to 41,653! by Monday 11/26 will she make it by friday? wills he? will she? the climax was written here, almost on the 41,000 dot. Alma confronts her 'birth' parents basically.
- second 1K words
- a separate file, recent addition trapped w/out a computer so now i'm in a cafe. current word count? probably 38500.
- as of sat. 11/23, just ch9 the road trip to seattle with rap dj in the car and then up to Marcella's for turkey day. The latest version of ch 6-8 are on my work computer which I'll upload on monday. word count, like 38000 I believe. whew. plot developments: showdown between Evan (stanford beau) and Alex, who is back from budapest.
- as of sun 11/18, still on ch 8 the kids hang out in Alma's house and fart around, some weird dynamic between her younger bro & amina. Evan is in this scene. word count: 30,036. I have anxiety about ending this story. have to get on to seattle. will it exceed the count? a week 1/2 to go!!!!
- as of thurs 11/15 chap 6-8 (words: 24,344) finally broke through the barrier and got some tension. whew! The plot is a bit late in coming I guess.
- chaps 1-6, as of 11/15 and started another file, second part which is the rest of chapter 6 + . Managed to get our Alma a bit flawed, she has some decisions to make. yee ha. conflict! Not on time, it was at 21K end of yesterday so I'm about 4K behind.
- as of nov 13th, later on - this gets really pretty bad. they get to palo alto, alma gets a note from Alex, she dj's a show on campus, just random adolescent tripe! I hate this novel! Why am I writing it!!! help help help. OK. time to go to bed.
- as of Nov 13th - over the 15K hump but still a few thou behind! End of portland schene, chapter six. may start a new word doc soon.
- as of Nov 8th 9872 words? includes interlude w/ Marcella in Seattle
- as of Nov 6th 8000 words? (massaged first chapter, added sojourn in seattle!)
- as of Nov 5th 6K words about . (first pass at chapters 1-4)
to learn more about what the h*** this is: nanowrimo
to talk to me, email@example.com
To see a strangely similar site, check out my mom's: home.pacbell.net/billstrm